M.A in Criminology and Criminal Justice
The Criminology and Criminal Justice at the University of Texas at Arlington offers a comprehensive examination of the criminal justice system, an exploration of criminal and delinquent behaviors, a foundation in research and statistics, and an opportunity to explore other relevant topics of interest to the student.
|Full-time Duration:||1 year|
|Starting in:||January, May, August|
|Tuition Fee:||$20,620 per year|
|Location:||Arlington Campus, Texas City, United States|
The Criminology and Criminal Justice at The University of Texas at Arlington is designed for:
- Pre-professional students who wish to pursue a career in some aspect of criminal justice, or in a related field, and to develop the perspectives and knowledge appropriate to doing so;
- In-service professionals who wish to enhance and broaden their knowledge in this and related areas of study;
- Students pre-professional or in-service who wish to pursue further relevant post-graduate studies, whether academic or professional.
- To meet these objectives, and to develop a broadly educated student, the program offers both thesis and non-thesis options. Both options require the student to complete 18 hours of core courses within the department.
- Management position with municipal, state and federal agencies.
- Police Officer
- Corrections Officer
- Forensic Science Technician
- Probation and Community Control Officer
”UTA’s program turned out to be the perfect match in terms of curriculum, internships, and the assistance that is provided to students to establish a wide network of professional contacts.”
Ulyana Zavadskaya – College of Business – Belarus
- Proseminar in Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Research Methods in Criminal Justice
- Statistics & Research Practices in Criminal Justice
- Ethics in Criminal Justice
- Crime & Public Policy
- Theoretical Criminology