M.A in Sociology
The Master of Arts program in Sociology at the University of Texas at Arlington is designed to provide students with a firm substantive background in sociological theory and in the techniques of contemporary research methodology and statistical analyses.
|Full-time Duration:||1 year|
|Starting in:||January, May, August|
|Tuition Fee:||$20,620 per year|
|Location:||Arlington Campus, Texas City, United States|
In addition to these core concerns, the Sociology program at The University of Texas at Arlington offers a variety of seminars, as well as practicum opportunities, to help prepare students for a wide range of professional careers in both the private and public sectors or continued graduate education at the Ph.D. level.
What Will I Learn?
- Understanding of human relationships from a sociological perspective
- Analytical skills for discovering and explaining social patterns and solving social problems
- The ethnographic study and comparative analysis of contemporary human cultures around the world
- The study of humans as a biological species
- Equality and Diversity Officer
- Higher Education Lecturer
- Museum/Gallery Curator
- Social Worker
- Community Development
- Guidance Counselor
- Human Resources
”UTA’s program turned out to be the perfect match in terms of curriculum, internships, and the assistance that is provided to students to establish a wide network of professional contacts.”
Ulyana Zavadskaya – College of Business – Belarus